Alcohol Sales

City Planning’s Beverage and Entertainment Streamlining (BESt) Unit handles the case intake for stand-alone alcohol sales and entertainment entitlements (Conditional Use Beverage (CUB) and Conditional Use Entertainment (CUX)), and administers the Restaurant Beverage Program (RBP). Additional services include clearances for building permits and stand-alone CUB/CUX conditions, zoning affidavits and effectuation notices for alcohol licenses, and monitoring alcohol cases for ongoing compliance.

Hours of Operation
In-Person and Virtual Appointments
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., except
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Location and Contact
201 North Figueroa Street, Suite 525
Los Angeles CA, 90012
(213) 202-5456


In addition to a CUB or RBP authorization, applicants must obtain a license from the California Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control in order to sell alcoholic beverages.

Online Application System (OAS)

Submit requests via The Online Application System (OAS) for case condition clearance/effectuation for stand-alone CUB/CUX entitlements, building permit clearances for stand-alone CUB/CUX entitlements and RBP, and applications for RBP.

Stand-Alone CUB/CUX Case Workflow

A guide for stand-alone CUB/CUX cases is available. The guide contains an overview of the application steps, condition clearance/effectuation for approved cases, and coordination efforts with CA ABC.

Restaurant Beverage Program (RBP) Administrative Clearance Workflow

A guide is available for the Restaurant Beverage Program (RBP). The guide provides helpful information about eligibility, application steps, and coordination efforts with CA ABC.